Children’s Dental Rehabilitation in Worcester MA
Children with extreme dental conditions need special care and at our Worcester pediatric dental office, we are dedicated to treating them with the expertise and compassion they deserve.
Whether your child needs dental rehabilitation due to trauma, significant decay, or orofacial anomalies, we are here to help your child achieve a beautiful smile.
Why Choose Dental Rehabilitation?
The rehabilitation of your child’s teeth is important to prevent pain, infection, tooth loss, and provide full functionality to their bite.
What is Involved in Dental Rehabilitation?
We thoroughly examine your child’s gums and teeth to determine a precise plan for correcting any dental issues that exist. This starts with a comprehensive exam, including detailed imaging to use for necessary procedures such as orthodontics, the creation of any necessary prosthetics, or as a surgical guide.
If your child’s gums are not healthy, we provide a deep cleaning, and possibly further treatment to ensure a solid foundation for their new smile.
The following are some procedures that can be included during dental rehabilitation:
• Surgery to reposition the jaw
• Contouring of the gum tissue to provide uniformity
• Preparation of natural tooth structure to accommodate crowns or bridges
• Placement of restorations, such as crowns, inlays/onlays or bridges
• Orthodontics (braces) to align your child’s teeth and jaw before or after treatment
• Implant placement and restoration to replace missing teeth or anchor bridge restorations
• Bone or soft tissue grafting to improve the stability of the teeth, any implants, or other restorations
These procedures depend on the severity of your child’s condition and their age. In cases of cleft palate, we work closely with an oral and maxillofacial surgeon to treat the complications that arise with this condition.
Other Things to Consider
Dental reconstruction involves several phases and multiple office visits. At Lahair & Gallagher Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, we take a gentle and relaxed approach to your child in order to minimize their anxiety and resistance. We offer sedation and often perform procedures in a hospital setting with general anesthesia.
At Lahair and Gallagher Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics it is our mission to provide your child with the best, comprehensive dental care in Worcester County.
If your child needs special care or you are in need of a quality children’s dentist call us today.